Monday, August 3, 2009

My First Taste of Social Bookmarking – A Story of Improving Targeted Traffic with Digg.com

Web 2.0 social marketing sites open up tons of opportunities for webmasters to improve their site traffic. To internet marketers, this could even be the Holy Grail of attracting targeted customers.


I don’t know about you, but I have been constantly looking for ways to improve the traffic of my blogs and website over the years. Most of the techniques I tried ended up either costing too much or taking too much time and hard work, until I come across the use of social bookmarking.


Digg.com is one of the oldest and most popular social bookmarking sites on the Internet.


I still remember the first time I posted a link there for one of my blogs, which had practically zero visitors. I was so excited and wondered what was going to happen…


The results were unbelievable!


People started to show up a couple of minutes after I posted my link. I was so thrilled. By the end of the day, I had over one hundred people who visited and left comments on my blog. At that time, that seemed so crazy to me.


From that day on, I became a true believer of Web 2.0 social bookmarking.


Today, I feel that social bookmarking has revolutionized the way we use the internet. More and more, webmasters or internet marketers are starting to use software to help them conduct mass campaigns, creating backlinks to their landing pages or sales pages. If you are interested in finding an easy way to do it, you can find more information here.


Here's my favorite link:


SocialBookmarkingTraffic.Info



No comments:

Post a Comment